- Do you feel stuck for ideas for your repeat patterns?
- Not sure if your ideas for patterns will sell?
- Overwhelmed by topics and trends in repeat pattern design?
- Your patterns are not selling as well as you expected?
You want to be a textile designer and are excited about all the awesome ideas you have in you head. One day you look at your sketches or paintings and decide to make repeat patterns with them. You create a few and post them to your portfolio, maybe you share them on social media, maybe you even upload them to sell on Spoonflower or another print-on-demand websites, but months go by and you don't see much interest in the patterns that you created. Then you go online to research more pattern ideas, but there are so many that it gets overwhelming and you don't know where to start. You get discouraged and give up, secretly still hoping to become a textile designer and spend your days being creative and your own boss.
I know that feeling very well... When a few ideas that you had didn't get much of views or almost any attention, let alone sales. I was the same way until I learned that...
It's not enough to create pretty pattern designs, you have to know which topics would be helpful for your future customers, which topics will sell, and how to make sure that your patterns will get a chance to be noticed and sell.
But, Oksana, you might say. I want to create something that I LOVE, not just what people buy!
Well, in my book, if you are not having fun and enjoying your work, than your art will not shine as bright as it can. Having created 5000+ repeat pattern designs selling online and after 10+ years owning a online textile design studio, 70+ freelance pattern design projects, I can tell you that there is a way to merry the topics and styles that you enjoy to create in with the topics that will sell.
- No more confusion what topic to spend your time on!
- No more feeling of overwhelm by all inspiration that it out there!
- Now you have the feeling of clarity and confidence that the topics you are creating patterns in will sell (if you combine them with artistic skills and with technical execution, of course)
I developed a system that I personally follow to design 5000+ repeat patterns and every week knowing exactly what to create. It took me years of hard work and research to put this together and it is available for you in my new online course:
Our 12 weeks Pattern Power Prompts online course is full of awesome ideas for topics and styles that will keep your creative juices flowing for months. Every week you will receive a prompt in your inbox with photos, ideas, trends, and styles to fill up your pattern portfolio fast with wonderful patterns that sell.
Every lesson is a new challenge with a PDF Workbook to track your work every week that helps you stay on top of all that you created and makes it easy to analyze the performance of your patterns over time.
Many of my students are asking about color schemes and how to work with color in any given topic so I included a bundle of PPP Color Inspirations Ai file and PPP Color Ai Library so that you always have a color scheme suggestions in every lesson.
You will get:
- Editable PDF workbook.
- 12 color schemes divided by topic in a Ai color library file.
- One email every week for 12 weeks with a lesson and an assignment.
- Explanation why any topic is chosen and why it sells.
- Tips how to design patterns in every topic.
- Multiple examples of modern and vintage patterns in each topic.
- Multiple examples of commercial products designed using patterns in each topic.
- Color scheme suggestion in every lesson.
- Photo inspiration (free for commercial use).
- Suggestions how to share and keyword your patterns for selling your patterns online.
To help you fill your portfolio with patterns on 12 different topics, each of which you understand how and why they sell and are popular. You will know the system behind topic research, planning, and analyzing to create patterns that sell and that you ENJOY creating week after week, year after year.
Looking forward to seeing you in the first lesson!
Thank you so much!
Owner - Head Textile Designer
Oksancia Textile Design Studio and School